Articles & Essays
- Gather the Broken/Omer Count 2012Fifty days, fifty fragments: one a day, one solid journey. A collaboration bet. two artists who use this traditional countdown from Passover to Shavuot, Egypt to Sinai, spring to summer, as a private/public journey of daily discipline and discovery, making each day count, more, counting our blessings, aiming for more.
- Sinai 5.0 2011
- Prepent5771High Holy Days Journey with Amichai Lau-Lavie: 40 ways in 40 days to find your focus. Starting on the first day of the month of Elul and leading to Yom Kippur, this blog helped me get ready for the new year, with daily intentions, tasks and questions.
- Prepent5772High Holy Days Journey with Amichai Lau-Lavie: 40 ways in 40 days to find your focus. Starting on the first day of the month of Elul and leading to Yom Kippur, this blog helped me get ready for the new year, with daily intentions, tasks and questions.
- EightVsHateOn Chanukah '11-'12, I posted the Eight Vs. Hate series, with a specific intention for each night's light, igniting conversations and an opportunity for focus on one form of darkness that we may want to name – and do something about. The goal was to make more meaning of this sacred ritual, rededicating ourselves each night to bringing on more light, serving as each other's light at the end of the tunnel, with clearer focus and intention. To Light.
- FallowLab 5775
- Prepent 5774
- Prepent 5775
- Gather the Broken/Omer Count 2012
Weekly Torah Blogs
- WORDThe annual re-run of the Five Books of Moses begins on 10/12/12 with Genesis One. Follow the journey with WORD, Amichai Lau-Lavie’s newest one-year-long blog.
- ReVerbEach week, a new Torah portion, and each Torah portion has one verb that carries deep meaning to our lives, actions, values. Join Amichai on a year long journey, verb by verb, deeper into the insights of Torah and the soul. (REVERB blog was online 2008-2009)
- Verse Per VerseJoin Amichai Lau-Lavie, as he explores individual verses in each week's Torah portion and really delves deeply into their translations, meanings, and deeper truths (year long blog +podcast 2007-2008)